Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gifted And Talented Fairfax County

F. MD '11 .10

Those good times of crisis. I

There are weeks in which to bring forward issues of parlar outstanding, and weeks where I can not think of anything. This, unfortunately, is the former. I wanted to talk about True Grit, the one directed by Henry Hathaway, 1969-finally I have it with me, or give to a particular result I have been talking with my friend Ramon for 11 years. To make a comparison between a pair of reading the same book, distant 5 years between them. To tell you I love you, in two pages, without telling you. Or more immediately, to talk about my friend Vania just be in a live broadcast. But all that now remains on file for gossip-that-perhaps-a-day-type . There was another thing, much more urgent, as more time is reelin 'in the head. About 25 years, who claim fast.

I was a kid, playing outside my house was lucky, had a house, and toys, "thinking of how many Sundays had to save to entrust to my father, who traveled from time to time in the U.S.. UU., A cute picture. A year and a half before, with a car Sunday was enough, but now things were different. I knew nothing about inflation or purchasing power parity, or crisis by the collapse of oil prices or the nationalization of banks, although it it a bit, spending 10 minutes in line at the bank, accompanying my mother or my brothers, and then continue on in a walk, go to the bank that now means spending three to six hours in the queue (in this now I know why: on the one hand had been laid off many employees, cash above all, to reduce costs, and another was feared a bank run and even a withdrawal had to ask permission) -. All I knew, my seven almost eight years, is that the exchange rate, of being 100 pesos for 1 dollar, was already at 250 for 1, and rising. As the level of Sunday had not changed-the same one hundred dollars, I was the lucky, my parents, not so much ", the dollar would continue to rise, we already had realized" it was only a matter of reckoning, the only basic arithmetic available to me then, and still-picture to deal with the hopeless: I had to save two or three Sundays at that time, maybe four, just in case. A whole month of my income to me of another toy. Simply did not pay me the thrill running out of candy, no soda on the day of sports, and one of those, even without money for the fare. As it was not so important toy.

passed a few years, things seemed to be more or less stable, the excessive inflation-funny thing of the past, inflation of 10 to 20% we seemed manageable, so strenuous were the eighty-, and suddenly, overnight morning-literally, we went back to her. Zedillo, PRI style fulfilling his campaign promises (Welfare for your family, your slogan), he gave us with an adjustment in the dollar-peso abruptly, without warning, stupid and not unexpected: many experts realized in time; the thing is that most were not experts, "derived in the worst crisis we're in Mexico in the nineties. Domestic violence in the country led to the PRI's victory in the polls indisputable, that time. And so we went. The vote of fear changed into play fuck. In fairness in the count, the government took steps to mitigate the effects - predicting decremiento between 5.0 and 10 points of gross domestic product, inflation between 45 and 70 percent-and the GDP declining 6.5% ended, inflation in 52 points. The problem: "They did not realize that 6.5% meant two million families?" One professor told us in class, in 1998.

Two million families. About 10 million people, calculated at low, killed for the sake of macroeconomic minimal damage to the country-which included FOBAPROA now IPAB. Millions of Mexicans are happy because they would not pay their debts to the bank, in return for giving no chance a few mugrositos. Precisely because they were not poor who had credit card and personal loans occupied top travel and mahogany in the room. They were, to put it bluntly, today's parents who fill facebook, Tuite, the TEC and UVM.

Now, in these days of social crisis, with its very clear-added economic crisis, I find a lot of guys on the Internet-calling must be very stupid to think that Internet is available to everyone, but they think so, injustice, crime, the existence of scholarships to needy children and youth, of both sexes. Those boys surfers, really, I assume, or assume ever: comfort has its impact on people's mental capacity, "this context we live in, is rooted in one another, which reached half known, but did not consciously 16 years ago. Never realized, we, his parents left the car at home, if he had not lost before the restructuring of liabilities, not to pay for fees, not by environmental enthusiasm, as you probably lied, mercifully, but because they enough for gasoline. Demand, and complain, they do not know, and do not want to know, otherwise outside their whim and banality. And they fear, panic, assuming even that can be suppressed.

For 25 years I give around the bush, so I was lucky that my parents gave me the best education money could afford, and in those schools with lots of little people ran identical to netizens cited: mold I-deserve-to-be-me-and-no-other-and you-fuck-the-world , -you-who-I-read-the-first-of-all has not changed in anything but spelled: safe now write (and think) Io-meresko-x-is-io-i-no-other-and-me-bale-mothers-we , or something, considering the convenience of having learned from an early age to appreciate my surroundings and possibilities. And whenever I come to the same conclusion: yes, indeed I've been lucky. A lot.


Manuel Emilio Castillo Silva.
Lomas Verdes, on April 13, 2011.


*********

Mentidero of Fallacies. Virgilio Sofistófeles .

0 comments:

Post a Comment